WordPress Meetup in Nouvelle-Écosse (Canada)
Community: WordPress Halifax
2021-07-29 18:30 | Halifax (Canada)
5816 Cogswell St, Halifax (Canada)
Signed up 9.
Come join us for our Summer Social (Socially-Distanced Edition)
We miss your faces and decided to put together a social-distance picnic! Feel free to chat about whatever you want, WordPress-related or not. There is no set agenda. Come at any point during the 2 hours.
WHERE WE'LL MEET
Near North Park/Cunard Side baseball diamond (south of Cunard Roundabout). See photo.
Now, as always, our meetup is a place to be respectful and welcoming to EVERYONE. We are abiding by the regulations set out by the Province (https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/what-it-means-for-nova-scotians/#gatherings). This insures a safe and anxiety-free meetup:
- Bring your own blanket, picnic-style food, and non-alcoholic bevvy.
- Pets are welcomed, ask the owners their comfort level of contact before interacting.
- While the province states that "Informal social gathering limit outdoors is up to 25 people without social distancing and masks" we understand not everyone is comfortable with close contact, may wish to still wear a mask, etc. We ask that everyone that attends practices social distancing unless the person you are talking to confirms they are fine with close contact.
We know these rules are a bit more demanding than usual, but please understand we are aiming to provide a comfortable and safe space in this 'new normal' for everyone involved. If you have any questions or concerns around the rules, let us know.
** There is no rain-date. We will email those that RSVP 'yes' by 4pm if cancelling.
-- 7:00: Zoom opens --
-- 7:10 Opening Remarks --
-- 7:15 Presentation: How to Get Unfrozen - One Loop at a Time
Journaling and other tips to get your WordPress blogging/design/consulting services moving again.
Join artist, journal writer and blogger Meryl Cook as she shares practical tips for getting unblocked. Meryl will share 5 suggestions she has found personally helpful for getting unblocked – one step (or loop) at a time, including:
- Approaching any block with kindness and self compassion
- Opening up the body opens up the mind
- Handwork (writing, hooking, painting) as a physical and spiritual act
- Take on a simple, fun project with no expectations
- Reach out.
Colour, texture, joy and self-compassion are the key features of Meryl’s beautifully crafted hooked rugs and her books about her journey from homeopath to artist and journal writer. Meryl’s mission is to inspire others to reconnect with their joy and creativity. She works from her home studio in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, looking out at the Halifax harbour.
Since 2016 Meryl has spoken and taught creativity workshops across Canada and the U.S. Her work has appeared in galleries, both local and international, and is in many private and corporate collections.
Through her business Meryl Cook Engagement by Design Meryl works with corporate leaders and their teams to help them de-stress and reconnect.
-- 8:00 Happiness Bar --
Share your screen to get help, feedback, learn something new, or help a buddy out. Chat and get to know fellow WordPress bloggers, designers, and developers.
-- 9:00 Finish up --
**Those who register for the event on meetup.com ZOOM link will be emailed at 4 PM ADT the day of the event** See Less